- My birthday was July 31st.
- Auburn football season started August 30.
- Around August 18, my father-in-law started getting sick. We assumed it was the flu.
- August 21 - Michael's grandfather passed away. We spent the entire weekend with family and friends.
- August 25 Michael's dad saw a doctor and found at he had a bad case of walking pneumonia.
- September 4 - I started feeling sick; the following the day I spoke with the doctor by phone and he started me on Levaquin. i went to see him on Monday, he did an x-ray, and determined i had walking pneumonia and bronchitis (thanks, father-in-law); by the grace of God and the wonderful Levaquin i was able to rest, drink liquids and be back to work on Tuesday, missing only one day of work. i wasn't at 100% that week, but i was in surprisingly high spirits
- My husband and a friend of ours put up the crown molding in our kitchen. It was the only room in the house that did not have it when we bought it. We still need to touch up the paint on it, but they did a great job for their first time doing it.
- On September 16th, Ted Whisenhunt gave an informal lecture on his art at Samford which I attended. I enjoyed it a lot, and for anyone who took Humanities during my time, I really wanted to hold up a giant clock from the back of the room to let him know when his time was up. We talked for a while after the lecture while in the art gallery where his art is being displayed.
- September 17 we had dinner with Michael's parents, aunt and uncle, and grandmother for her 83rd birthday at Red Lobster (her choice). I had more shrimp than any one person should eat in a sitting. It was wonderful. And I had shrimp for dinner the next day, too (thank goodness for to-go boxes!)
- September 18 I got to buy a bunch of baby gifts for my coworker whose wife had a c-section this morning. I LOVED spending a little bit of my money and a lot of my coworkers money on all things tiny.
- September 20 we spent the day tailgating and celebrated Michael's birthday with a cupcake cake from Wal-mart in the shape of a football. He loves those things. We also got on ESPN College GameDay with our sign that my friend Elizabeth made. It was on TV a LOT, actually. Fun times. Oh and I had my picture taken with the chik-fil-a cow. And a broom.
- September 21, my mom called to tell me they think my granny had a mild stroke. she is having an MRI done today, but mom is preparing me for what she thinks will soon be the end. I'm just praying granny is not in pain.
- This afternoon I am seeing my gastroenteroligist about my worsened stomach problems which I'm quite certain is due to the stress of all of the above, plus the fact that the company I work for has an uncertain future.
- Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. I've already given him his present, but I'm excited none-the-less. I like celebrating life, and I'm excited to celebrate his birthday with him as his wife for the first time. :)
- This Thursday is the premiere of Grey's Anatomy, and I am uber-excited. I'm actually kind of psyched about Ugly Betty, too.
9.22.2008
Way behind...
So I just realized that my last post was in July. It's been almost two months since I have posted. Holy Cow. And I was really hoping to do better. Oh well. Let me see what all I can update you on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yay for a new blog. Praying you and all your loved ones feel better soon!
hooray! It's about time! :) I'm sorry to hear about all the stress in your life I'll be praying for Granny. Keep us posted. And thanks for the reminder about Grey's! I'd been wondering when it was coming back! It is my Fave!
Yay for the update! (((HUGS))) - Buh
Post a Comment