9.26.2008

I heart my dad

So Dad's surgery went very well. The doctor said that next time he goes to Tunica, MS, he is taking my dad with him, though, because he was VERY lucky. Apparently his colon had perforated, which is NOT good, but his small intestine decided to snuggle up to his colon and managed to seal off the perforation. His appendix also joined in on the snuggle-fest. When all was said and done, they removed about a foot and a half of dad's colon and his appendix. Yesterday he began a clear liquid diet and started walking. He is still having a little trouble with holding down liquids, though. Today they removed his catheter and his morphene pump. Hopefully he will be able to increase his diet and go home soon!

Granny has been admitted to a nursing home/rehab center on a temporary basis. They are hoping she will respond to therapy and regain use of the left side of her body.

Thank you so much for all for your prayers.

2 comments:

Mama said...

So sorry to hear about all the illnesses. I'll be praying for ya'll!!!

Sheri said...

Oh, Melissa! I'm so glad your Dad is doing well right now! What a scary thing! And then Granny on top of that! You guys have had a lot to deal with. I'll be praying for you!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker