12.21.2005

Christmas time is here...


I have had quite an eventful week. Since my last post I had the opportunity to go Christmas caroling. It was such a blessing to see the families come out and take in a bit of Christmas music. I also shared a meal with a new family which is always an experience - this one was quite enjoyable. It brought back fond memories of my family's past Christmases.

On Monday, three close college friends came to Birmingham for a little reunion. It was so wonderful to catch up on each other's lives - to laugh together, get the vapors together, be angry together...I didn't realize just how very much I missed these special women in my life until that night. We are already planning our next reunion - a weekend long excursion in North Carolina!

Maximus is growing into quite the handsome young man. He is learning to sleep during the night which is excellent news for me considering we sleep in the same room. He is looking forward to spending his first Christmas at his grandparents' home in Scottsboro.

This morning I signed the lease for my new apartment! My first lease - and the apartment manager said I was quite the lease reader. (I discovered some errors.) Next Wednesday I begin the moving process which should be complete on Thursday. I am hoping this will be the last move for a while! It will be nice to be in my new home for the start of the new year.

I'm looking forward to a prosperous 2006, and I am grateful for the many experiences of 2005 - good and bad - which have brought me to this point in my life. Best wishes to all of you for a blessed holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How...No..Better question..Why? Did you put those things on your cat? That is just silly...You have to much time on your hands. You should find a man.

Melissa said...

Why...because it is Christmas time and it is festive, and well he just looks cute in it. I do not have too much time on my hands, I just like to procrastinate and not do the things I should be doing (like packing). And I am beginning to wonder if I would be better off without a man.

Anonymous said...

You will NOT be better off without a man; I know you too well :-) Reading your post almost gave me the vapors again, but alas I am too tired to cry. Love, love...

Mandy said...

I agree with Mandy...you do need a man...however, you don't have to rush into anything! And after everything I have been through can you believe I'm saying this? I'm glad you found my blog here...I didn't realize you didn't know about it...I created a new one that my students don't know about :) I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!! I had lots of fun Monday night...and I'm looking forward to February! Love you!

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Counting down the days to Feb.!!!

Melissa said...

ok, ok mandy(s). the point was that i do not HAVE to have a man. however, i will not turn one down :) well....i will not turn down one i would like to have..i should put it that way. he may not be "mr. right," but he will have to be "mr. makes melissa wonder what she ever did without him."

ashley - i, too, am counting down the days...though probably not as literally as you ;)

Mandy said...

glad that we got that straight :) I hope you have a great day!!

Love you!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker