So it's been forever since I wrote I think...last year actually. Well, I've been crazy busy lately. Most importantly I have moved into my very own Birmingham apartment...a cozy little 2 bedroom, one bath place with more closet space than I know what to do with. Max appears to be loving his new home - having all the space in the world to run around - and being "man of the house." My parents came down and stayed a night in the new apartment. It was good to have them down. Mom's got walking pneumonia. Dad's still getting cancer treatments (tomorrow morning, in fact). Say a prayer for them if you think of it.
I haven't been to work in over a week. It's been awesome. I go back tomorrow. Sigh. I need my own business to run from home.
In the midst of my moving, I made a late night run for the old apartment to pick up some pajamas....well on the way I witnessed a hit-and-run and proceeded to follow the vehicle that fled the scene. I was pretty cool about it - trying not to be obvious. I knew if I didn't get his tag number there would be no hope for the couple that got hit. He made a quick turn into an apartment complex, and I followed, as if I were a resident on my way home. He went to the back of a dead end parking area, so I figured better safe than sorry and hung back. He got out, checked the damage on the front of his truck (his bumper went flying off) then got back in. I managed to back into a spot by the time he drove by and got his tag number. I made my way back to the scene, and sure enough the couple was still there, on the phone with the police, with only the color of the truck the guy was driving. They were quite grateful that I had the tag number. The police arrived and I gave them my statement. I think they were pretty amused/impressed that I tailed the guy. I don't know what the heck I was thinking other than I know that if the dude had hit me, I would sure want him to own up to it. I hope that is the end of my cop duty. OH, and did I mention that the guy had enough nerve to drive back by the scene right before I got there, jump out and throw his bumper in the back of his truck then drive away? Yeah! He left the scene of the accident TWICE.
I had a great Christmas with family. It's nice to head back to the hometown every now and then. Christmas morning we went to the nursing home. We sang Christmas songs and handed out slipper socks to all of the residents.
Well, it has been an exhausting week or two...I need to get some shut-eye before returning to work tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Your dad is very cool. I did not speak to your mom much, but she seemed very nice as well. Oh and about your story...you forgot my favorite part. About when the man came back to get his bumper...
You are very kind to speak so well of my parents. Mom wasn't feeling well obviously...my Dad can be a real nut when he is at his best.
Oh yeah.....the bumper....I'll go back and add that in now.
Melissa...you are so crazy! I love it! Your story is great! Very smart thinking. Going back to work is never an easy thing to do...Today was my first day back to school and I am exhausted! I am heading to bed very early tonight!! Have a great day!!
You also need to tell your other stories now!
which stories???
Stories?? There are more stories? You must tell! Especially if they are as good as you playing undercover cop!
Post a Comment