This morning Dr. Favor said I need to start taking a Centrum daily. I said just a vitamin? She said to start getting folic acid in my body "just in case" because it helps prevent birth defects.
So which of you ladies out there have taken or are taking folic acid in various forms and what are your opinions? I want to follow her advice, but my body isn't a huge fan of iron in large doses and my wallet isn't a huge fan of pills at huge prices. :o)
Thanks in advance for your input!
6.01.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ugh! I hated taken folid acid. It made my stomach hurt something awful. My doctor suggested that I take 2 Flintstones vitamins in place of my prenatals. Worked a lot better (for my tummy)and Jack is about as perfect as they come.
Good luck!
I'm still taking prenatals, but rita's idea for Flintstones is right on.
Thanks Rita and Christy and to those who emailed me directly. I'm still open to suggestions, but the Flintstones idea sounds like a good one; I just printed off a coupon from their website.
OK, I DID take folic acid also, but did NOT have any problems with it! Also, certain vitamins (with thin capsules) KILLED my stomach, while others were absolutely fine! Also, can't you buy just a folic acid tablet without the rest of the vitamins?
I am taking prenexa. It is one that the dr prescribed for me. It was the only sample that did not make me burp fish oil!
Post a Comment