7.10.2008

A vacation

Last week Michael and I took a trip to Florida to visit with his brother and sister-in-law. His parents decided to make the trip with us. So the four of us, plus the in-laws' new kitten, Roxy, piled into a Murano and headed south.

The roughly ten hour ride down wasn't too bad, though I couldn't really get comfortable. Roxy, however, had no problem falling asleep. See exhibit 'A' below.

How stinkin' cute is she. I started rubbing her belly and chin and she passed out in my lap. Oh to be a kitten and be able to sleep in any position. Moving on...So we drove through the night Thursday and arrived to Florida in the wee hours of the morning on Friday. We took a nap and then headed out for a low-key trip to the movies to see Wall-E. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great - as storylines go - but the effects were everything you would expect from a Pixar animation. Friday night we enjoyed fireworks down by the water.

On Saturday (as much as we didn't want to), we headed to Busch Gardens. Our original plan was to go on Monday when we were sure it would be less crowded, but Michael's brother insisted we go on Saturday so off we went. It was sooo crowded. We tried to make the best of it - rode the Sheikra (best ride there) and watched a show or two. We ended up leaving the park early and headed home for a homecooked meal. By the way - theme parks make for AWESOME people-watching. I saw some very rare breeds of humans! On Sunday we visited Fort Desoto beach. Fortunately I slathered on enough SPF to keep myself from getting burned. After a shower and such, we all headed out for dinner on the water at a seafood restaurant. My sweet husband let me enjoy the crab legs I had been craving for weeks. Yummy! (He is not a big seafood fan.)

Monday morning we headed back out to Busch Gardens for a second attempt at an enjoyable them park excursion....success! Michael and I rode all the rides that morning thanks to very short lines. Even though it started raining around lunch time, we still had a great time. We saw all the animals and went through the bird aviary. It was very cool. And I even got see the donkey from the Budweiser commercial during the Super Bowl. He was so cute!

On Tuesday we headed back to Birmingham. We made a few pitstops along the way. We stopped at a golf outlet and Michael bought me some of my own clubs and a glove! I'm hoping to start playing more soon. We also made a pitstop in Auburn - I *had* to have a new AU visor for said golfing excursions. ;) Anywho, we made it home safe and sound and now I need a vacation from my vacation! Oh, and check out Roxy - these are from the ride home. That cat can sleep anywhere!

6 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Those cat pictures are way too cute!

Mama said...

You can take a deep breath now, your name is back on the NICE list. :)

Rita Bird said...

Roxy is so freaking adorable.
Let me know how the golfing goes. Nathan has tried many a times to make me a golfer. I have a very hard time making connection with the ball!!
Glad you were able to go out for a second Busch Gardens visit.

Anonymous said...

That cat is too cute! And I am terribly jealous that you got to meet the donkey. :o)

Laura said...

Looks like fun times to me! Somehow I doubt that Ms. Kola Bean would be as well mannered and adjusted to that type of car ride as Roxy was.

Mama said...

Ehem...donde esta???

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker