
This one is for real. I am not one to post forwards, urban legends, and such.
Naoimi is a little girl that some friends of mine from a local church (Safe Harbor in Pelham, AL) are in the process of adopting. Due to the terrible medical care in orphanages in Liberia, she is literally starving. The treatment she needs is much easier to provide in the United States, so we are hoping to raise the money quickly and get this sweet child over here. All I'm asking is that you give $1.00. I'm hoping you will give at least a dollar (more as you feel led). Jen and Alan also need loads of prayer during this stressful time. They are over half-way there, but desperately need every dollar that can be donated. I am forwarding this message to all of my family and friends in hopes to make a dent in the $10,000 total they need. Since we began spreading the word on August 9, God has already provided through hundreds of generous people a little over half the money.
I assure you these are personal friends of mine, that their story is true, and they have an honest need for this money. I have served alongside them doing community outreach and such. The Weathers have two young girls, and an older boy who is slightly autistic, yet they feel called by God to adopt this precious young girl and save her life. Please visit their adoption web site to learn more information about Naoimi, her condition, and ways to donate. You can also email me for more information or to validate this cause.
http://www.theweathers.onedollaradoption.com
Thanks in advance for your prayers and monetary gift for this precious family.
Melissa

1 comment:
Oh my! I found you via "Preacher's Wife's" blog. I saw that you mentioned being from B'ham and thought I would say hello neighbor!
I hope all goes well with this adoption!
Many blessings to you.
Post a Comment