2.02.2006

melissa and the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day

ok, so apparently not too many people had a lot to say about the topic of forgiveness....i guess i'm the only one who struggles with that, with the exception of the one person who posted a response. interesting. although i did pose this question elsewhere and got a few more responses.

so yesterday i had a pretty crappy day. i tried to look on the bright side; but something in my soul just wasn't right yesterday, and i could not shake that "what a crappy day" vibe off. i came quite close to crying several times. i went to lunch a couple of blocks aways just to get out of the office and try to sort through my thoughts. i wasn't feeling 100 percent healthwise which was frustrating. i've had a lot on my mind - family and all. i didn't talk to or hear from a single friend last night and slept most of the time away after i got home from work. it just wasn't a good day. i did come across this song, though.

Thanks, Frank Sinatra, for recording this song so many years ago. The lyrics mean a lot to me on February 2, 2006. Every last word is golden. Read them all. Think about them. If they inspire you, stir up thoughts, emotions, feelings....share them with me. You know its nice to know you aren't off in blog land all alone.

Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you
If you're young at heart
For it's hard, you will find, to be narrow of mind
If you're young at heart

You can go to extremes with impossible schemes
You can laugh when your dreams fall apart at the seams
And life gets more exciting with each passing day
And love is either in your heart or on it's way

Don't you know that it's worth every treasure on earth
To be young at heart
For as rich as you are it's much better by far
To be young at heart

And if you should survive to 105
Look at all you'll derive out of being alive
Then here is the best part
You have a head start
If you are among the very young at heart

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...that song did nothing for me. But I am sorry you had a bad day. Maybe a good movie and some over priced popcorn will satisfy you.

Marie said...

Everybody has days like that. I have days when I don't hear from a single friend either. But I also have days when I don't call a single friend either. So, my advice is to take time on these days to get to know yourself and your creator. Don't feel like I am preaching b/c I am talking to myself as well. I did read your blog on forgiveness but I thought you covered it and I couldnt think of anything to add. So, good job!

Mandy said...

Melissa,
Hey! I am sorry to hear that you had a horrible day...I have had several of those lately...but just thinking in approx. 13 days we will be together in North Carolina!! :) I am excited!! Love you girl!

Unknown said...

Ok what about the Wonderful, Great, Friday Day- Day? Hmmm aren't you going to share that with us?!?

Heather said...

I liked the song...good ol' Frank. I'm sorry you had a bad day! Maybe this will be a better week for you. Sometimes when I have a bad day and I think "what a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day," I think about Alexander in the movie they made about the book and he makes me smile.

Melissa said...

Luke thanks for tip on movie and the over priced popcorn. I went with some mexican instead, and I did see a good movie. And about my Friday...See next blog.

Marie thank you for your advice. You are more wise than you give yourself credit for I think. I had fun with you on Saturday!

Mandy..I'm so glad to finally hear from you again. I hate that you are cut off from blog land! And I am VERY excited about our trip!!! Love you, too!

Heather...so glad to have you on my blog! And I need to see the Alexander movie!!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker