2.15.2006

it's over

Last night I did a lot of thinking and praying and a little bit of crying and what not. I started thinking about my trip to NC this weekend and had this weird feeling about my plane. I never worry about stuff like that, but I just had this small thought in my head. Well that thought led to other thoughts, and then I was thinking about a part of my past that I needed to let go of. I've done a pretty good job so far of letting it go for the most part; but I will still clinging a little bit. I fought that last little bit that was left, and then finally out of my mouth came the words, "it's over." It was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was ready to move on and put that part of my past where it belonged - in the past. I immediately wanted to tell someone close to me this wonderful news and have them help me through all of the crazy feelings inside of me, yet I couldn't get in touch with any of the people I felt the need to talk to. Suddenly I was feeling depressed....and then I realized there was somebody that wanted to help me work through all of these feelings; and I had completely left Him out of the loop on all this.

Do you do that? Do you look to every earthly thing under the sun for comfort and words, often to find they aren't around or they don't have the right thing to say? Or IT doesn't solve the problem?

Consider letting Him in on your life. You won't be disappointed.

****************************

On another note, let me mention that this morning another rock hit my windshield on the way to work. Also, I am very sad that one of "the girls" will not be able to be in attendance at "girls' weekend" afterall. I am extremely saddened by this, however I am very much looking forward to seeing the rest of the girls (and Chad - who knows every lyric to the Indigo Girls songs, so who knows..lol.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I find myself glad that i am not going now...I cannot stand the Indigo Girls..

Melissa said...

that WOULD be the only thing you would read in that whole blog. he knows words to plenty other songs, too, by the way.

Mandy said...

Hello my dear friend! 2 more days! how exciting! I am going to miss Ashley but I understand....we will just have to make sure we call her while we are all together! Have you by chance heard a weather report for this weekend for NC? I hope you are having a great day! Love you!

Melissa said...

megan pilarczyk said they were expecting snow. so who knows!

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

This SUCKS so badly!!!! I am so jealous...you know I still haven't cancelled my tickets yet (just in case something crazy happens!) I know you guys will have a blast!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker