1.16.2006

no catchy title.

Well, it's been a while. I thought I'd write a bit. I hosted the first party in my new apartment this weekend. It went fabulously. I'm looking forward to more! January 15th was my six month anniversary at UAB. That means no more probationary period and a raise. Can't complain there.

I saw Chronicles of Narnia on Friday night. Awesome movie. I'm a little behind on seeing movies, but if you haven't seen it, you should. I never read Lewis' books...but I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly. Interestingly enough I found myself experiencing dejavu. There was a point where I distinctly remember thinking, this lion has all the power...why doesn't he just do something about this. He could have easily defeated the enemy, but he knew the prophecy and how it was to be fulfilled. I felt these same sentiments while watching The Passion of the Christ in the theater. I think my Maximus may have a new middle name.

I've decided I just may be a bad luck charm for other Birmingham drivers. Since the hit and run accident, I've witnessed two more accidents. I've been in touch with the hit and run victims, and the man that fled still hasn't been found. Interesting.

I'm watching the Golden Globe Awards. I think it is acceptable to give awards to actors. I think it's okay to have awards for athletes...But, recently, I was thinking about the paparazzi and how they make actors and actresses lives so public and distort truth. Most say that it comes with the job. I started wondering, though - would these people be such a big deal if they made normal salaries like the rest of us? I mean, what is it that makes actors and athletes and the like worth so much more than the average Joe who is also doing what they are good at in life and touching lives or just a good employee in general. If the famous didn't make the money they did doing what they do, would the public still be as interested?

Enough soapboxing, my bestest friend just called. She's been gone to Sudan for over two weeks!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I haven't ever left a comment before, so I figured it was about time :) I woke up this morning and read your blog and it made me smile :) It was almost like getting an email...so, what is Max's middle name? You never told that part! And who was gone to the Sudan? Mandy? Just wondering...sounds exciting! Things here are going well...only 8 more days left in China...wow, it has gone so fast! I can't wait to have a little party at your apartment when I get home :) Fun Times!!! Love you

Melissa said...

Max's new middle name? Aslan, of course! Have you read the book or seen the movie yet? YOU would love it. And yes, Mandy was gone, but now she has returned. Thank goodness!

You will definitely have to join me for a party when you return!

And thanks for finally commenting :)

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry, I am a little slow! I missed that you were going to name him aslan :) I have read the books but it was a long time ago and the movie hasn't come out over here yet, but I hear that it will be in Thailand when I go in 2 weeks so I am going to see it then! I will have to tell you what I think about it :) Well, I am so glad that Mandy is back from Sudan, what was she doing there? Did Chad go with her? Just wondering... And I promise to comment more, sorry! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker