1.24.2006

it was 4 am when i wrote this. now its 5:22 am

So not a soul is online now. I figured I'd visit the old blog and just share for a bit to pass the time away. Well Monday morning I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and not feeling great. As the day progressed I felt worse. I came home from work about 4:20 or so, ate a little something and passed out on the couch. Woke up - had a small temp; ate some vanilla bean ice cream. Attempted to go back to sleep and here I am. Its 4 in the morning and I still haven't slept a wink. I have absolutely no intention of going to work tomorrow. In fact, let me email my boss real quick. I'll be right back - don't you go anywhere...............................................
Ok i'm back. So work is going better these days. I piloted all of the training materials I've been working on to a group of about 15 people last Thursday and Friday and did quite well if I do say so myself. The evals turned out great so I was pleased. We interviewed someone yesterday for the other position in our office, so maybe I'll have some help soon.

The pampered chef party went quite well. I'm getting lots of great things for FREE and some for major discounts. Now I just need to learn how to cook something exciting with my new products.

Have I mentioned I really like my new apartment. It is soooo nice to be in a place and unpack everything instead of living from boxes. Max is really enjoying it here too I think. Bringing him home was one of the smartest things I've ever done. I never thought I could become attached to a cat like I have him. It's fun to come home to him everyday. It's great to have him run in and snuggle me every morning when my alarm goes off. He LOVES to spoon - but always as the little spoon. He will always be a mama's boy. That's okay with me.

I have absolutely nothing profound to say; nothing to rant about; nothing to be sad about. I suppose I could use this time to count my blessings. I called my granny yesterday. It was her birthday. She's not been doing well physically. I'm not sure how much time we'll have to spend with here on earth. That makes me sad - she is my last grandparent. But I know she'll be happier in a place for there is no sadness, no pain - just laughter and love. I become more and more thankful for my parents as each day passes by. I underestimated them growing up - they really knew what they were talking about afterall :) As I was driving home from work yesterday, I called mom and asked her to bring me a meatloaf. Oh how I love her meatloaf. I told her I'd take off work today if she'd come. Well, she can't come, but that's okay. I think it made her happy that I wanted her here though. I do wish they lived a little closer. I would visit them a lot more.

Well I will save the rest for another late night blog. You all be sure to keep your immune systems up. Take your vitamins. Get plenty of rest and exercise. Wash your hands! Don't get sicky sick like me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am disturbed by the idea that you spoon with your cat...

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Zicam, my friend! It taste completely terrible, but I was over my sickness in a few days! I hope you are feeling well soon!

Melissa said...

luke. one word - newsweek.

ashley. hopefully i won't need the zicam, but thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. When you do get fairly well, start taking AirBorne. It doesn't taste bad and supposedly it protects you during the cold season. I'm convinced it kept me from getting sick last semester :-)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker