Since my last two posts completely revolved around the new little guy in my life, I thought I would post something without fur.
But you know it is funny...I can not think of anything to write about other than to update you on my life, and even that doesn't seem appropriate right now. Do you ever have those times when you just don't know what to say, but you feel like something needs to be said?
I have those times with God quite often. I will go days without talking to Him...and then when I finally stop to have a conversation, I am just unsure what to say. One day I came across this verse which I thought was pretty cool:
Romans 8:26 says (NAS) "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."
I think it is awesome that in those times when we don't even know how or what to pray somebody steps up for us. And you know, to read the verse, it seems as if our not knowing what to say is considered weakness. Sometimes I'm not so sure our silence or lack of anything to say is really a weakness, but rather an opportune time to just listen. I think every now and then God says, "Melissa - shut up for a minute. You talk too much. Let me tell you what's been on MY mind." And those are some of the most productive conversations I have with Him. The one's where I just allow Him to have the first and last words, and everything in between.
This concludes my fur-less post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thanks...I think I especially needed to hear that.
I'm glad somebody else could use it besides me. Thanks for your prayer this morning, too. It definitely helped.
Hey you. I am posting so that you will stop whining about me not posting :-) Love you and hope that you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Did you find Max? I have been thinking about you this morning and was just wondering.
Yes he is found as of 12:30 am. I tried to call you last night and this morning. Call me today when you can.
He was lost? Where? What happened?
yes, he was lost :( see the full story in my next blog.
Post a Comment