In one week we will *hopefully* find out if Baby Walker is a boy or girl. (Hopefully the little one will cooperate.) I have a feeling this one week will take forever, so this morning I am blogging to pass a little time away. (It's slow at work this week.)
Baby Walker's furniture will be delivered next Saturday, which is exciting. We still need to pick out a crib, but once Baby gets big enough, he/she will have a full-size bed to sleep in and furniture to match. My last Wordless Wednesday post was a photo of the dresser.
I've gotten on the waiting list for a couple of local day care centers and have toured one of them. From what I hear, they are all good centers, it will just be a matter of when a spot opens up on the waiting list. For now, the plan is for me to be home for three months, and then when I return back to work, Baby Walker will come to our transitional care center here at the hospital for at least two months. After that, we'll be praying and playing it by ear, but I have faith that everything will be okay.
Last week we had a little scare. I was walking in one of the less traveled hallways here at the hospital where I work one morning, and as I rounded one of the corners, a boy in an electric wheelchair was on the wrong side of the hallway going full speed ahead and we collided. It all happened very quickly, but I think I managed to keep Baby Walker covered - my knee took a good hit, however. It is still pretty bruised and sore. The boy in the wheelchair was fine, thank goodness, and really didn't seem affected. I'm not sure what his disability is, but he could not speak and is confined to his chair. His guardian eventually caught up to him and kept checking on me, but I assured her I would be fine. Well that afternoon, I had a mommy freak-out moment and became worried about the baby. Several coworkers suggested I call my doctor, so in tears, I called and explained what happened. They told me to come over right away so I could listen to the baby's heartbeat and get some peace of mind. Dr. J walked in and said "well this is the first time I've heard of this happening!" Fortunately, Baby's heartbeat came across loud and clear right away, and then my tears became tears of relief.
I've been feeling Baby move a lot more lately. Its awesome and strange all at the same time. Some days this whole pregnancy feels very surreal. I can't believe we are about half-way through this pregnancy and will be parents soon. We're trying to finish up some small home improvement projects before Baby arrives, and with the furniture coming it makes for exciting times in the Walker household. We're loving it.
10.19.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment