Nonfat dry milk adds protein and calcium to these delicious bars.
Takes 30-60 minutes
Makes 20 bars
INGREDIENTS
1 cup all-natural peanut butter
1 cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons water
4 cups Grape-Nuts cereal
1 cup nonfat dry milk
1 cup dried cherries, currants or chopped apricots
1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
PREPARATION
1. Spray a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan over low heat, combine peanut butter, maple syrup and water. Stir until blended and steaming. Turn off the heat. Stir in Grape-Nuts, dry milk, dried fruit and chopped nuts. Spread the mixture in the prepared pan, pressing it down with the back of a spoon. Chill at least 1 hour. Cut into 20 bars with a sharp knife.
3. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 1 week. Bars can be kept frozen for 6 months.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVING
248 Calories
8g Fat
0.8g Saturated fat
7g Protein
40g Carbohydrate
3g Fiber
210mg Sodium
* I have not tried this recipe yet, but I plan to. I got it as part of an online "healthy lifestyle" class I just started for work. If you try it, please let me know how it turns out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So maybe this isn't exactly what I had in mind after a long blog hiatus, but glad to see that you're still out there.
Thanks for the recipe, sounds yum.
Post a Comment