I've been working at Children's Hospital a little over a week now, and so far...it's great. I have yet to meet an unfriendly person. Everyone seems to be happy to work there and happy to do what they do. Granted they have stressful moments, but those moments are worth it, knowing who benefits from their work in the end. I'm excited to be a part of it all. I'm hoping that I am still feeling these same thoughts 20 years from now. I'm hoping I've found "that place" where I can devote a good number of years out of my life to. Today I met a lady who has been out on sick leave due to cancer; she came by to introduce herself and offer up any help she could. She has a 10-month old baby girl at home on top of all her treatments and doctors visits, etc. She is missing most of her fingers on both hands. I think she may have had other amputations. In the 15 minutes I spent with her, I was inspired to be a better employee. It was a great feeling.
Speaking of 10-month old baby girls, when I made the move to Children's I decided to post only one (okay actually two if you count her wallet-sized angel wings pic) large photo of Cady-bug in my cube. It was getting a little out of control at my last job, but there were just too many cute pics to choose from! Well, as people come by to introduce themselves, they always notice my pics and say "I see you're married...and your little one is beautiful!" LOL I keep saying I should put up a little disclaimer next to her photo letting every one she belongs to my best friend, and I'm living vicariously through her and the rest of my friends who are raising and birthing little ones. I like having her picture up, though...that precious little smile is contagious!
At the homestead, we have been making advancements in the area of painting and such. We recently painted the office upstairs. It was a horrible shade of some sort of berry color previously...it's now the perfect balance of blue on the bottom and khaki on top with an antique white chair-rail (installed by Michael!) It looks SO much better; we may even start leaving that door open once we get his framed Auburn pics on the walls. (The guest room will be the "Judson" room.) We've pretty much finished painting the first level of the house, with the exception of the foyer which has a super tall ceiling and the powder bath. We started on the office upstairs first and next...we may just paint the walls of the future nursery. I think Michael knows it may make me feel a little better about how long we "need" to wait since I've taken a new job and need to accrue hours to be away for a maternity leave. We continue to buy little things here and there for the house and soon we may finally order a nice large wedding portrait to hang in the living room. (It's almost been a year since our wedding day - crazy!)
Well, I think I'm going to watch one of my shows on the DVR and head to bed. I hope all is well in your worlds.
3.24.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm excited for you friend!!
I'm glad your new job is working out so well. so often your coworkers can either make or break how you feel about your job!
Glad you're back. Just because I don't update my blog, doesn't mean that I don't expect yours to be updated. :)
Post a Comment