6.26.2008

Happy Birthday, Mom and Dad


So yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday and this coming Sunday is my dad's 67th. We had a birthday gathering at our house last night for them both. Michael manned the grill, and I handled things in the kitchen. And at my request, my husband produced a wonderfully tasty and exquisite looking Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake.


We had a grand time piling around the dining room table over dinner, cheesecake, and conversation; I'm enjoying being able to host our family and friends! Afterward we gathered in the living room to watch a video of me pretending to be a weather girl about a year ago at the car show in Birmingham. It is quite humorous, I have to tell you. Perhaps my little piece of television gold will make it to the internet one day. We also watched the premier of Wipeout that we had recorded the night before. I laughed so hard I cried at some of those folks. TOO funny. And then Michael and I entertained the family with our RockBand skills on the Wii. Fun times... I love family!

4 comments:

Laura Forman said...

oh my goodness that cheesecake looks amazing!! my mouth is watering as we speak!! maybe one day michael can make one for me :)

Mandy Mc said...

So glad that you had a good time with your family!

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

that cheesecake looks AMAZING!!!! Tell Michael my birthday is in March...but, my half birthday is in September and that would work too!!

Anonymous said...

Wow my b'day is coming up and that cake looks awesome.... wanna send me one?

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker