5.12.2008

Feeling compelled...


I am in love with my husband....and my wedding photos. I think I take a look at my wedding photos on a daily basis, and almost every time I am struck in a new and special way by a different photo. Little things stand out to me - friends and family in the background of a photo that I hadn't noticed before - the smile on someone's face, the uber-cuteness of the children, the way Michael's hand falls on my back as if it were always meant to be there, the precious moments between my mother and I, and not once do I fail to tear up when I see the photos of my dad and I having our special father/daughter dance.
I really am in awe of how wonderful my wedding day was, and even now as I write, I am in tears. The day was absolutely perfect. I got to marry my very best friend on the most perfect of days with some of my dearest and closest of family and friends in attendance. The rain managed to hold off until we left the parish hall on Friday evening and was gone by the time we woke Saturday morning. The earth needed the rain, and in God's special way he timed it perfectly so as to not "rain on my parade." I was so blessed to have such giving friends and family transform a parish hall into a wedding reception - and it could not have been more perfect. The food, cakes, the decorations...everything was just perfect.

If I were to regret anything it would be that I did not have more time to speak to each and every one of the special family and friends who joined us for our wedding day and take a photo with them all. I couldn't have imagined marrying Michael without them there to celebrate with us. My grandmother - my last grandparent - traveled from Scottsboro to see me wed my best friend, and I could not have been more happy and blessed to have her there, especially in her condition. She was absolutely beautiful.

I hate to go on and on but these are things that constantly run through my mind as I view and review the photos and the moments in my head that I can recall. And while I blog all of this thinking that maybe I will cease thinking of it all, I know in reality I will never forget the wonderful day that was my wedding day. April 19th will always have a special place in my heart - obviously because it will be my anniversary and because I married the wonderful man I would spend the rest of my life with - but also because it was probably the most perfect day in my life. I was so happy that day, the happiest I have ever been. Every tear I cried was a tear of joy, and every laugh so precious to me. I am just overwhelmed at how blessed I am.

Thank you so much again to everybody that was a part of our special day and that has supported us through prayers, encouraging words, and words of experience and wisdom.

My cup *truly* runneth over.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Awww! I'm so glad you feel that way about your wedding day...every girl should be so lucky! I know I was and still am...

You're photos are great! You looked beautiful...I just LOVE your hair...it just sets everything off...GAAAWJUS DAHLING!

bpeterson said...

I'm glad I decided to check your blog! The pictures are so beautiful! There isn't a single bad one in the bunch!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker