10.08.2007

Surgery Info

Many of you have asked me for details about the surgery, so here goes...

The surgery will be on Wednesday, October 17 at 10:15 a.m. The doctor did not want to wait any longer than that because I could do further serious damage, and he will be out of town next week for conferences. It will be done as an outpatient surgery at Brookwood Medical Center.

The cartilage in my right jaw has moved and is wedged somehow in my joint, causing the inability for my jaw joint to move. His plan is to go in arthroscopically and move the cartilage back to its correct location and sew it in place. If he gets in there and finds other damage or problems, he will remove the little tv camera and actually cut me open to repair the damages. (The surgery I had on my left jaw in 1993 required they cut me open...so I've been through the worst-case scenario before.)

I am scheduled to go home the same day, and should be able to return to work the following Monday. My parents are coming to hang out with me for a few days while I recover. I'll be on a soft foods diet for six weeks after at least. (Which is a good thing - now maybe I'll fit into my wedding dress.)

So that's the scoop. For some of you it may have been more than you wanted to know. Sorry.

For those of you that need my new address, leave a message, and I'll email it to you. The house is coming along nicely. Our new carpet was installed Friday and it looks awesome! (Thanks to Jared and Keri for the awesome tip on that one.) And our new fridge will be delivered on Wednesday!

Until next time...

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker