3.10.2007

Taylor came to town

So I went to see Taylor in concert tonight. Two friends and I got tix as soon as they went on sale - but we only get a pair and a single....so I suffered and sat in the single seat (they're sisters - twins, in fact). Really, my seat turned out to be better than theirs, but I think we all really enjoyed ourselves. I have to say looking around that most of the people were at least in their 40s if not older. I saw some VERY interesting dancing by many older women. It was quite amusing. I'm not as evil as some people I know, though, and I didn't take video footage of the people who were just "feeling the music," as entertaining as it may have been. Anywho, I have to say that Taylor performing live is MUCH better than his CD. I really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite part of the whole night was the first song of the encore. The drumline from Homewood came walking down the aisles and up on stage for Runaround. It was pretty darn cool. Taylor's harmonica playing was awesome as usual. And he did not sing "Do I Make you Proud." Here's a picture of me, Shana, and Dana. The guy that took it was hilarious. This was take two. He asked if we wanted to do a third take for "Girls Gone Wild." Ha. That guy was lit, I think. Oh, well.




Fun times... and now I have to turn my clock AHEAD an hour. blah. I'm going to be missing that hour of sleep something fierce about 1 pm tomorrow. I think the 'rents are coming for a visit, too. Good night you princes of Maine, you kings of New England.

Oh, and this one is pretty fun - we were inside the Alabama Theatre on the landing and there was a huge mirror wall across from us.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker