3.08.2006

this, that, and the other


Hmm...well since I last blogged a little of this and that has happened. Last week a car caught on fire right in front of my apartment. Fortunately, it was discovered in time and the firemen were able to get the hood open in time to completely extinguish the fire before an explosion. Crazy times - cute fireman. LOL.

My dad came to stay with me Sunday before heading down to Dothan to see the new granddaughter, Lauren Virginia. A former pastor of ours and friend of Dad's is pastoring First Baptist Church of Hoover now and asked me to come sing a special Sunday night...of course he didn't ask until like 2:00, and I had to sing at 6, but it was cool. Of course all of the people wanted to meet me; asked where I work, what church I go to, etc.

Interestingly enough, when I mentioned that I am on the praise team at Safe Harbor in Pelham, the sunday school director said "I know that church! They washed my car, and paid me!" He went on to tell everyone standing around how he saw a sign that said "Car Wash - $1.00." He thought to himself, well I will give them more than a dollar... he said he brought his car by to be washed and when they finished they handed him a dollar. He was amazed. He said he thought that was the coolest thing he'd seen in a long time. It made me feel blessed to be a part of the ministry of Safe Harbor. I explained to him that I wasn't attending at the time that occured, but that I was looking forward to our Servant Saturdays which will soon be starting up again.

Other than that, nothing much has been going on besides typical work and church activities. I'm very much looking forward to the visit of my dear friends, the "Mandy's" and Ashley. Mandy "Mac" will be "preaching" at our alam mater, Judson College, on March 21. Please allow me to also take this time to brag on her - she is officially the newest American Religious History Ph.D. student at Duke. She will begin in the Fall. I could not be more proud of her. I love you, Mac!

I've sprinkled in some photos from the previous Girls' weekend...sadly Ashley was not able to attend, but we called her constantly.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So after seeing your post about your girl weekend...I am glad that I did not go...You guys only did Girly things...How lame.

Melissa said...

How do you know we ONLY did GIRLY things. I didn't post ALL the pictures. Just the ones you are allowed to see ;-)

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Hooray for more girl time coming up soon! Thanks again guys for keeping me up-to-date all weekend with the phone calls.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the anniversary e-card! I'll have to find a computer with speakers later ;-) Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

The pageant shirt picture makes me smile. Have fun with the infamous PhD student. Don't let the crazed paparazzi photographers get her. :)

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Just a few more days and we shall all be together again! I can't wait!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Arn't you going to post the link to the video of your dance? I bet everyone would love to see it!!

Mandy said...

I love the post and the pics!! I'm glad for more fun times as well!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker